Identity Project



My identity is hidden from most, but it also shines in different forms.  I've always chose to share only parts of who I am. I'm very precise and careful.  There are many days where I try to hide myself from people. I always grew up a bit timid and shy, afraid to really let myself be known. As I grew up, i began to grow louder, braver, and less afraid. I chose to make my project out of flowers because when I choose to let myself step out of the shade and bask into the light, I bloom. Flowers, to me, are a combination of innocence, power, and courage. There are many aspects of my life where I feel like once I took a step, despite fear or insecurities, I blossomed. I would find a new talent, a new skill, a new hobby. All I needed was that courage. The reason I chose to share with you the eyes, is because, to me, that is my most valuable part of my body. It is the window to my soul and because of my eyes, I get to share the vision I see with other people. I chose to use one hand because that is how I connect my eyes and my art. The hand is the tool I use to create with what I see from my eyes. The paint on the hand and on the body stand for trial and error. Layers over layers. The layers of white paint over my skin represent the moments in my life and which I have had through my art that has made me grow overtime. I call this piece,

"B L O S S O M"

Comments